Gift giving is truly an art. It is extremely personal and unique to the giver and the receiver, so the dynamics are different in each situation.
For me, life is about sharing experiences and creating memories. My gift giving reflects this.
Favorite gifts I've given - and WHY they were impactful for both the recipient and the giver:
Gift of discovery and mystery
1) DNA discovery kit: I have NEVER regretted giving this gift - everyone loves it and it enriches their life, which is the true gift
Gift of fitness and shared experience
2) Month pass to the yoga studio: with the requirement we go to class together!
Gift of surprise and luxury
3) My BEST home run: this happened last November when my husband and I celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary. While he was in the restroom I put a gold and silver wrapped package on his plate. The look on his face when he returned was priceless and wonderful! It got even better when he opened the ring box and saw an amazing black diamond, white gold ring inside
Other unique, thoughtful gifts include:
1. Journal: a blank journal offers boundless possibilities. Include a personalized pen with a ribbon for a custom touch
2. Personalized mouse pad: make it special with monogram or photos. This gift will be loved on a regular basis
3. Memory box: there are many sizes and types of memory boxes at your local craft store. Pin photos, ticket stubs, collections and more to make a cherished gift
4. Pretty storage boxes: These are one of my favorites! I use these for storing everything from dog paraphernalia (collars, leashes, poop bags, etc.), I keep one in my car to keep it neat and organized, and my pantyhose take up another, as do the purses I am not using. They come in many shapes, sizes and colors – everyone needs these!!!!!
Yes gift giving is an art, and with some thoughtful preparation you can be Picasso!
xoxo Lady Katherine