We've talked about transitions and changing with the seasons. However, for some reason I have always given Fall the brush off.
It may be because Winter's cold inconvenience overshadows Fall - or because it, like Spring, is a shorter season, only 2-3 months in length. No matter the reason, this year I have consciously embraced the Fall Season and am loving it!
Here's how I've done it:
1) Decorated the outside of my farmhouse for fall (see photo) with mums, gourds, pumpkins. What a difference a pop color can make in my attitude! In the past I have not purchased these things - too expensive. However the joy they have given me already is well worth the price
2) Darker lipstick for the season. I have put away my peaches and pinks in favor of wine and reds. This simple act has me transitioning into the season with ease
3) Fall decor inside my farmhouse. I have displayed a seasonal wreath and dry floral arrangement. It is a small touch but it is so beautiful and makes me smile everytime I walk by
4) Fall attire. I am putting sweaters, boots and all things cozy in the front of my closet. Makes getting ready on a cool morning so much easier! I may even begin to WANT to wear these warmer clothes and stop bemoaning the fact I cannot still wear my sandals
5) Schedule a trip to the apple orchard. Every year we join my daughter and family at an orchard in southern Minnesota for an afternoon of corn mazes, cider and apple picking. This is our official act of Fall acceptance and constitutes a true embrace of the season. What's your Fall family tradition?
Enjoy the crisp mornings my friends.