First I want you to know that I was reluctant to post this – for those of us in the Midwest spring was elusive this year. But I think it’s safe, so here goes!
1) In spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt
-- Margaret Atwood
2) Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush
-- Doug Larson
3) In springtime, love is carried on the breeze. Watch out for flying passion and kisses whizzing by your head
-- Emma Racine Defleur
4) Spring breathes new life into the world around us
5) Spring is nature's way of saying let's party
-- Robin Williams
6) No winter lasts forever. No spring skips its turn (this one was hard to believe this year!)
If you are feeling giddy, energetic and more positive than usual it is to be expected this time of the year! It is spring fever and it is a scientifically proven condition.
According to Web MD, human beings experience a real energy surge in spring due to an increase in sunlight. Apparently the change in daylight triggers a change in the amount of hormones our brains produce, including an altered amount of melatonin, which is a hormone that influences sleep cycles as well as mood changes.
There you have it! Spring IS here and we should all party and get slushy!