Every thought you think and every word you speak is an affirmation.
All of our self-talk, our internal dialogue, is a stream of affirmations. You are using affirmations every moment whether you know it or not - creating your life experience, your future with every word and thought.
Every complaint is an affirmation of something you think you don’t want in your life
Every time you get angry, you’re affirming that you want more anger in your life
Every time you feel like a victim, you’re affirming that you want to continue to feel like a victim
Think about the areas of your life you’d like to change, and write down affirmations for each area.
But do not stop there – here is the ACCLERATION part – the secret to having your affirmations work quickly and consistently is to prepare an atmosphere for them to grow in, by adding other practices to support and accelerate your affirmations.
Let's say that lack of abundance, specifically money is an issue in your life.
Here's what to do:
1) Recite your affirmations at least once a day:
· Money comes easily to me and keeping it in my life is easy
· I am a magnet for abundance, wealth and money
· I have abundance in all things, my cup runneth over
2) Treat the money you DO have with great respect and gratitude:
· Handle it with care
· Be conscious of transactions - your money for goods or services, feeling gratitude
· Keep your money organized, always know how much you have in your accounts and wallet
3) Visualize having an endless supply of money. Picture what an ‘average’ day would look like if this were the case and feel the positive, exciting emotions that come up – stay in the feeling as long as you can
4) Create a Vision Board that focuses on abundance and money. Make sure you have images of large bills, gold bars, bags of money on the board. Spend time daily with the board, getting energy from it
5) Practice gratitude in all things. When you wake up thank God for another day. When a challenge arises, be grateful for the opportunity to be creative and to grow
Because affirmations and these accompanying practices are so simple it is easy to overlook how powerful they are. I challenge you to begin this practice today for the next four weeks. Get up just 10 minutes early and do it – it WILL change your life.